The Austin Intellectual Property Law Association is a non-profit, professional organization for individuals interested in intellectual property issues. Our members are attorneys who practice in intellectual property law, engineers and business people who are interested in both the legal and business aspects of intellectual property, and law students who are interested in a career in intellectual property law.
The association was formed to promote the understanding of intellectual property and related areas of law as well as to provide a local forum for the discussion of intellectual property issues and for the exchange of ideas on such issues. We typically have nine general meetings a year to discuss topics in intellectual property law. Most of these meetings have a guest speaker to provide us with information on recent developments in patent, trademark, or copyright laws, or on other related topics.
On the Docket
- JANUARY LUNCH AND ANNUAL MEETING: The Austin AIPLA Annual Meeting will be held at the January luncheon, Wednesday, January 25, 2107 at the Westwood Country Club. Our speaker will be Hope Shimabuku, Director of Texas Regional USPTO. Online registration available here.
- ANNUAL JUDGES DINNER: The 2016-17 Austin IPLA Annual Judges’ Dinner will be held on Wednesday night, April 12, 2017. The Austin IPLA is honored to welcome the Honorable Kara F. Stoll of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit as our keynote speaker at the dinner. As in the past, the judges and our sponsors will be invited to an exclusive reception held prior to the dinner. For more information, see the Judges' Dinner page.
- AMENDED BYLAWS: The Board of Directors has approved proposed amendments to the organization bylaws. Please click to review clean or redlined versions of the proposed amended bylaws. Please submit any comments related to the proposed amendments to email@example.com, or email them to any board member.
- 2017 AIPLA Board of Directors Slate The Austin IPLA Board of Directors has proposed the following slate of Directors for 2017, to be voted on at the 2017 Annual Meeting:
President: Kim M. Vo
Vice President: Jennifer Librach Nall
Treasurer: Steve Meleen
Secretary: Jen Kuhn
Immediate Past President: Brian C. Nash
- CALLING FOR NOMINATIONS!: Please nominate candidates for our annual inventor, copyright, and trademark of the year awards, using the very easy forms available here and here respectively. Nominations are due by October 15, 2016. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- COMING UP: 2017 meeting dates are January 25, February 22, March 29, April 26, May 24, June 28, August 23, September 27, & October 25.